Monday, December 1, 2008

Lilacs

This painting was done by Ford's sister.


Ford's sister, Juanita Maybee painted this picture. She painted quite a few pictures but never tried to sell any--at least not that I know of. She mostly did still life painting. She gave us this painting some time ago as they moved into a nursing home and she had to downsize her furnishings.



The frame of this picture is a very old one. It has a few chips on it but is an elegant looking frame in spite of the chips. I have it hanging in my living room.



Later in her life she didn't do much painting because of health reasons. I have enjoyed seeing the beauty of these lilacs in my home. Juanita is not with us anymore, but the lilacs are here as a reminder of her.

1 Comments:

At December 2, 2008 at 7:47 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks like she was a very talented painter!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home