Monday, December 15, 2008

My First Christmas of not believing in Santa Claus


I remember well the very first time I learned that your Dad is Santa Claus.


This happened on Christmas Eve. My Mom was cleaning up the kitchen and my Dad went outside for something. I wanted to know what he was doing and my Mom said, "Oh nothing." I went to the window and looked outside and I saw my Dad pulling a little red wagon and it was loaded with things--I couldn't tell what but I knew it was something good!


He was going to put the stuff in our living room. We didn't have a tree that year--we hardly ever did. But I met him at the door and the cat was out of the bag.


After that I knew that My Dad was Santa Claus. Somehow, Christmas was never the same after that. I still liked my gifts and had fun but not like when I believed in Santa Claus! My young fantasies ended at such a young age, probably about five or six.

2 Comments:

At December 16, 2008 at 9:14 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I still believe! Of course I know that a man in a red suit doesn't visit every house on Christmas Eve, but I still love the spirit of the fantasy. And I can't quite stop myself from taking a peek in my stocking every Christmas morning!

 
At December 21, 2008 at 6:20 PM , Blogger Kelly said...

Hey- I'm the mom here, and I am definitely Santa Claus. When my kids get their presents, he will be just as surprised as they are.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home