Sunday, December 7, 2008

December 7, 1941--A Date which will live in Infamy




Sixty seven years ago today Pearl Harbor was bombed by the Japanese. President Roosevelt's famous quote is correctly listed as "A Date which will live in Infamy." Many people choose to say " A day that will live in infamy."




Many of you younger people do not remember that day because you weren't born. I was living at that time and remember it very well. It was a feeling similar to the feelings you might have had about the terrorist attack on September 11, 2001. I was about 14 years old when the bombing took place.


I was terrified because we had not had a war in my lifetime and I was unsure of exactly what we were in for. It was bad but none of my family was lost or injured in the war so I was not directly affected.


It is a day that recalls all the fear and uncertainty of that time. I will remember it as long as I live!


1 Comments:

At December 8, 2008 at 7:59 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know if it's because I'm a history buff or what, but even though it happened more than a decade before I was born, I always have a sad feeling on December 7.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home