Saturday, February 21, 2009

I Gotcha!

Aunt Irene, Harold Wayne & Uncle Tony



















When I was about seven years old my Aunt Irene died. She was the mother of my cousin, Harold Wayne. Harold Wayne and I played together a lot when we were little and we were the same age.



His mother 's death hit him hard. We went to the funeral. At the funeral home I was near the coffin just looking at my aunt and I decided that I wanted to go around to the back of the coffin. I walked around to the back and looked in the casket. As I was walking away, a leaf of a fern from the spray on the coffin brushed against my face and neck. I was aghast with fear. I looked around and then saw that it was just a fern that had touched me and not Aunt Irene. I got myself back around to the front of the coffin and I stayed away from the back of it. That scared me to death.



Since that time I have never gone near the back side of a coffin even though I know that a dead person can't hurt or touch me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home