Friday, March 27, 2009

Home made Dolls



The dolls in the pictures above were dolls I made many years ago. McCall's magazine had a pattern in one of their issues around in the 1970s for the whole process of making the dolls.


They are made similar to the old antique china head dolls. Their heads, arms and legs are made from a mixture of corn starch and, I can't remember the other ingredients, but it was a clay like substance which, when dried, was very hard and durable. The body was made from cloth and stuffed . I looked for the pattern but I was unable to locate it. So I have to write this from my memory.


They had patterns for the cloth bodies and for the clothing. It was a fun project and I was very proud of the results of my project. I did this project for an art class that I took in college. My professor said she would like to give me a better grade than A+ but there isn't one. So she gave me the A+.


I display the dolls in my curio cabinet so they are protected from dust and moisture by the glass doors. I look at them quite often and remember the fun I had making them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home