Friday, March 20, 2009

My Birth Place

This beautiful little house was the house I was born in. The house is still standing, or at least it was a couple of years ago. It is located very near Saint Joseph's H0spital in Paris, Texas. The street is Fort Street. I can't remember the number.




I am sure it has been redone on the front and probably doesn't look the same now as it did then. But my Mother and Dad were very happy there (Wouldn't you be happy if you just had a new baby and it was Me?)



We drove by the place a few years ago and looked at it. Of course, I can't remember it at all except for just seeing it later on after we had moved away. I think it had only two rooms but it was a mansion to my Mother and Dad.



I am glad I thought of making a picture of the house before it is listed among the houses of the past. Every one should have a picture of their birth place to pass down to their descendants-- no matter how small and insignificant it may seem to you! At one time it was a very significant place to you and your family.

1 Comments:

At March 21, 2009 at 12:57 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you posted this - I'm going to drive by and see if it's still there.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home