Thursday, March 19, 2009

My Daily Walk



My Park Bench.











My "ROCK."


The pictures above show my old standbys when I take my daily walk. The rock is about a foot and a half off the ground and is just perfect to sit on for about five minutes to rest when I go walking. It is not on anyone's yard but is on the space between the sidewalk and the street. If you look closely you might see my butt print on it! I was sorry to see that for some reason they cut down the tree that was right by the rock--taking my shade away!


If you look in the top picture behind the three trees on the right in the picture you will see a park bench. It is about three fourths of the distance from my house to the end of my walk. The rock is about one half of the distance from my house. I sit for about five minutes on the rock and the bench and catch my breath from walking. I look forward to reaching those points!


I have just restarted my walking routine this spring. I have walked ten days so far. About a year ago I started walking but when winter got here I had to stop because of snow, ice, rain or just plain old cold weather. Now that better weather is ahead I expect to walk every day except when it is rainy.


I estimate that the total distance I walk is approximately 3/4 of a mile. Not far for young people but for an 82 year old woman it is a pretty far distance! It is certainly better than sitting on the couch!

1 Comments:

At March 20, 2009 at 11:09 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you! Keep it up -- it'll keep you young.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home