Saturday, April 11, 2009

Antique Shoe Last



Antique shoe lasts















Pictured above are some antique shoe lasts. The picture on the right is one of a shoe last that I have. The other picture is one I got from Google.



The shoe lasts came in all sizes to use for adult shoes and different sizes for children.



I never had the stand for the last I have. I really can't even remember where I got mine. I have had it so long but I have never really used it for repairing any shoes. It is just a thing I have for a decorative touch around my house.



Many years ago people really used these for repairing their shoes. They were a necessary item to keep the family's shoes all in a wearable condition. They could put on new soles, sometimes the whole sole or maybe just a half sole, they could put new heels on the shoes, or maybe just reattach a sole that was coming loose.



Now you just buy a new pair of shoes instead of repairing your old ones! That has become the norm for almost everything. Costs for repairing are more than the costs for a new item. Which explains why our land fields are becoming so over loaded!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home