Sunday, April 5, 2009

How Clean was It?

My Uncle Gola

Once when I was just a little kid, probably about five or so, I had a neighborhood friend and we were playing house. We were in a garage out back and a small garden was right next to the garage.


We got some green tomatoes, green peppers, and onions out of the garden and we cut it up into a play salad. I am sure we didn't wash our hands or take any particular sanitary precautions while we were cutting the vegetables up.



We ate some of it and there was still a small bowl of it left over. When we stopped playing I took the rest of the salad into the house and set it on the kitchen table.


Later that day my Uncle Gola came to visit us. He went into the kitchen and saw the salad sitting there and he ate it.


When I asked where my salad was he said, " I ate it." I told him that was our play salad. He said, "Well, whatever, it was good."



I felt flattered that he liked my salad. I hope it wasn't too dirty!





1 Comments:

At April 6, 2009 at 7:28 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Serves him right for eating your salad!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home