Monday, April 27, 2009

Boiled Eggs

My Uncle Frank


I spoke of chamber pots in my last post, now I will tell you about my Uncle Frank, my Dad's brother.


He and some friends were out rambling around and decided to raid the hen's nests and have some boiled eggs for a snack. Uncle Frank was probably about 9 or 10 years old.


They ran into a problem when they didn't know what to use to boil the eggs in. They looked around and finally settled on an old bucket they found sitting out by a tree.


They boiled their eggs and ate them. Later, my Mother, who lived right there on the same property asked them if they had seen the bucket out by the tree. Uncle Frank said, "Yeah, we used it to boil eggs in. I'll get it for you."


My Mother nearly fainted. She said, "Frank, that was our slop jar bucket. Tell me you didn't eat those eggs." Uncle Frank said, "Yeah, we did eat them and they tasted OK."


I guess being 9 or 10 years old and hungry it didn't matter what you boiled your eggs in!"


1 Comments:

At April 27, 2009 at 6:49 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ewwwwwww!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home