Monday, July 6, 2009

Backyard Fun!




















Brett and Lana Kay making a fire

Last week on Wednesday night we had a pit fire in our back yard. Brett brought his fire pot over and we burned up a lot of old wood that I have had for years on a rack in my yard. We started the fire about 7:00 PM and the fire lasted until about midnight. Then the wood was all burned up except for one log. Brett took that log home with him to burn later at his house. So my wood rack is now empty.


You may think we are nuts with it being summer and with your temps being as high as they are. It was much different here. We usually always have a little cold spell around the fourth of July. It was in the sixties here and also we had a little mist a few times while the fire was going which made it feel cooler than usual. We never had to go inside because of the rain but I did get my hair a little wet. The fire felt really good with the misty rain and the low temps. I sat outside from about 7:00 PM until 11:30 PM. Lana Kay and Brett made it until Midnight. Then they also came in.


Brett said he makes a fire a couple of nights a week at home, when it is cooler and not too hot.


I really enjoyed having the fire. It reminded me of when we used to camp and have a campfire. I never get to do that anymore.


It was too bad that Carla Sue and Tony could not come over and join us but they had to go to work the next day so they did not come over. It was just Brett, Lana Kay and me that had all of the fun!


NOTE: If you have noticed that my posts have not been on at 12:30 every day as usual it is because Blogger is having trouble with the scheduling system. They said they are working on it and hope to have the problem solved soon. So I am now just manually putting my blogs on. (Big job!)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home