Saturday, July 25, 2009

Outdoor Toilets

Ford coming out of an outdoor toilet



My wallpaper border.





My pictures on the wall.









As a Child I remember one place where we lived that we had an outdoor toilet. I have vivid memories of that horrible place! It was smelly, stinky, ugly and not a very nice place to do anything in!


It was usually dirty, and always smelly. You didn't ever want to look down into the hole--not a pretty sight! We used newspaper or a catalog page then for toilet tissue. That is not the most comfortable way to treat your behind.


My Aunt Lizzie was cleaning her outhouse once and as she stooped down to pick up some paper off the floor she got a bite from a snake which was hiding under the paper. That event certainly added to my aversion to outdoor toilets! I only have bad memories and thoughts about them.


Now I have a modern, clean and pretty inside bathroom. What decor do I have for my bathroom? Of Course, outdoor toilets! I have a wallpaper border with pictures of outdoor toilets; I have pictures of outdoor toilets hanging on the wall.


Why would anyone want to transfer images and memories of such a horrible relic from the past into a modern pretty bathroom? Beats me! I can't explain it!

2 Comments:

At July 27, 2009 at 8:10 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Probably that wallpaper border and your pictures serve to remind you how thankful that those outdoor toilets are only a memory and that we no longer have to use them! janet

 
At July 27, 2009 at 12:12 PM , Anonymous kyra lafain said...

Hooray! You did read my Blog. I need some new ideas or I will have to suspend my writing. I love doing it.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home