Sunday, July 12, 2009

Garage Sale Find

Puppy similar to the one I saw at a garage sale




The strangest thing I ever found at a garage sale was really not for sale. I was at this sale and the lady that was taking care of the sale had a box by her side with the cutest little puppy in it. The dog was alert and looking around but he did not move from his spot at all. The lady told us that he had been hit by a car and was paralyzed in his back legs. He was so cute and pitiful looking that I wanted to cry.



She said that she knew she had to take him to be euthanized but she just had not been able to bring herself to do it yet. The puppy didn't seem to be in pain but he could not move at all with his back legs.



I can still feel the pain of seeing that little puppy lying there until this day. He was such a sweet little dog that I can understand why the lady had not taken him yet to be euthanized. That has been probably 35 years ago but I still remember that cute little puppy and how I so wished I could do something for it.

1 Comments:

At July 12, 2009 at 4:38 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't little puppies just grab hold of your heart?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home