Monday, August 17, 2009

Colorful Soda Pop

Uncle Frank Caffee



My Uncle Frank, my Dad's youngest brother, used to work at a Soda Pop manufacturer many years ago. I do not remember which one. There were several in Paris.



When we visited my Grandma Caffee's home, where Uncle Frank lived, she always had a supply of colorful soda pop--red, purple, yellow, green and orange as well as just colas.


I can remember how pretty I thought the bottles of colored pop were. Of course I always got a bottle of whatever color I wanted. I liked them all but I think grape, or purple, was my favorite.


Now I seldom drink pop. Once in a while, if I am eating popcorn or peanuts I might open a bottle and drink some with whatever I am eating. But mainly, I now drink tea, water or coffee.


But I still remember the old days when I see a bottle of colored pop. Mostly now it comes in cans but sometimes I see bottles of it in the store. Then I remember Uncle Frank who has been gone for some years. Maybe he is now passing out bottles of pop in Heaven!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home