Saturday, August 8, 2009

Dan Blocker





















Hoss, Loren and Michael from Bonanza.


Remember Hoss? He was on the show Bonanza many years ago along with Loren Green and Michael Landon. We used to watch the show all the time.


We visited Dan Blocker's grave in 1974 at Detroit, Texas. It was a very simple, unimpressive grave site. He was only 44 when he died. He gave us many years of enjoyment with his character of Hoss on Bonanza.


Detroit, Texas, is only a few miles from my home town of Paris, Texas. It is only a wide place in the road! We stopped by the cemetery when we were on our way home from Paris after a visit there. I am sure Hoss is in a bonanza type heaven now along with his co actors, Loren and Michael.

3 Comments:

At August 8, 2009 at 3:54 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember his name as B. Dan D. Blocker...I always wondered if they named him that on purpose. You know, "Be dandy Blocker" I don't recall there being anything on the marker to indicate he was Hoss...I always wondered why. I loved the show and always enjoyed watching it with Grandma and Grandpa. nh

 
At August 8, 2009 at 11:55 PM , Anonymous kyra lafain said...

I was informed that I made a mistake in saying that Dan Blocker was buried at Detroit, Texas. He was actually buried at DeKalb, Texas. I knew it was a town that started with a D, but I had written Detroit on the back of my picture. Actually DeKalb and Detroit are both along the same highway and I just picked the wrong town. Both towns are just little burgs and are not known for any significant things except for Dan Blocker's Grave in DeKalb. So now you know--Dan Blocker is buried in DeKalb, Texas. not Detroit!

 
At August 9, 2009 at 8:09 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

John Nance "Cactus Jack" Garner, VP under FDR, was from Detroit.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home