Sunday, October 4, 2009

Perfume Pins












These are actually my pins



These are from Google







This is an Avon perfume pin from Google










Many years ago there were pins called perfume pins. They had an opening in the back in which you could place a wad of cotton saturated with perfume. Then you could wear them and have a per fumy smell emitted from them for several days or maybe even weeks.
I still have the two pins pictured at the top. As you can see one of the eyes is missing from one of the pins. The pins are a little tarnished but still very pretty.
I have not seen perfume pins in many years but they were very popular at the time I got mine. They mostly came in pairs but some, such as the Avon pin were just a single pin.
Why they died out I can't say but I liked mine very much. Now I hardly ever wear the pins but when I do, I smell GOOD!

1 Comments:

At October 4, 2009 at 3:16 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a neat thing! I had never heard of perfume pins before.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home