Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Carole Lombard's Home

The Carole Lombard home in Fort Wayne, Indiana
Carole Lombard and Clark Gable


















This is Carole Lombard's family home in Fort Wayne , Indiana at 704 Rockhill Street. She was born there October 6, 1908.


I have driven past this house many times throughout my life in Fort Wayne. It has been turned into a museum. The home will be on display in a Home and Garden tour being held in that area this weekend. In the past the home has been a bed and breakfast but is better know as the Carole Lombard home.


Many of you younger people will probably not even know who Carole Lombard is. Well, she was just one of the most famous movie stars of the mid 1900s. She died in a plane crash in 1942 at the age of 34. She was married to Clark Gable, another famous movie star of her era.


I would like to visit the home on the garden tour but I will be getting ready for my trip to Texas.


At least I have seen the home many times in past years. It is not an extra fancy nor elaborate home but just nice. It does have an exciting history!




1 Comments:

At September 16, 2009 at 6:40 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I ever make it back to Indiana for a visit, I want to go there. I'm a big classic movie fan, and I love Clark Gable and Carole Lombard!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home