Monday, November 30, 2009

A Sad Holiday Weekend
























I learned of the deaths of two people over this past holiday weekend. One I did not know at all, never met him but only knew of him through my neice and nephew, Nancy and Lannie. Lannie's brother, who lived in New Orleans, died there on one of the holidays. He was only in his forties--so young! Even though I did not know him I have felt a sadness through the last two days since I learned of his death.




The other person used to be an across the street neighbor. I had seen her a lot and had talked a few times with her but I didn't ever become close friends with her. They moved away about two years ago and I have not seen her since then. She died also this weekend. Her husband used to plow snow from my driveway when we had big snowfalls while they lived there.



I have felt a sadness and emptiness since I found out about the deaths. It is always sad when people die but when it is someone who you know a little bit about it is even sadder. All this weekend I have had an uneasiness and uncomfortable feeling when I think of those deaths. I always say a prayer for them and hope they were ready to meet God!



I will be thinking of them for a while but life must go on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home