Tuesday, December 8, 2009

The Campbell Soup Kids

The Campbell Kids





















I remember many years ago seeing advertisements for Campbell Soup. I fell in love with the Campbell Kids. I thought they were so cute--and I still do!



I still see some ads with the kid's pictures on them but not nearly as many as there used to be.



I like Campbell's soup--M'm! M'm! Good-- but I think it is much too expensive for the amount of soup in the can. I can make soup much cheaper than they charge for theirs--but it doesn't taste like theirs! But I still enjoy seeing the kid's pictures whenever I can.



I see that they actually had dolls made in their likeness. They were originally designed by Grace C. Drayton. They were made by E.I. Horsman Company in the 1930s and 40s. I never had a doll of them but I probably would have had one if I had known they were available.



I actually visually see those kids when ever I eat Campbell's soup. Hooray for the person who came up with the idea for the Campbell Kids! He, or she came up with a winner!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home