Monday, December 7, 2009

Fruit Bowls




Above is a picture of my Grandma Caffee, my Dad's mother. I remember visiting her house when I was just a little kid. She most always had a fruit bowl on her kitchen table with apples, oranges, bananas, grapes and whatever was in season. Back in those days people didn't always have fresh fruit available all year round as we do today. But I remember how tempting that fruit looked to me.
I usually asked if I could have something off the bowl and, of course she always let me pick whatever I wanted. I had a big decision picking the best and prettiest piece of fruit.
Nowadays, I have a fruit bowl on my dining room table but it never has fruit in it! Usually it has coins, odds and ends, and other clutter. I keep my fruit in the fridge.
But I often think of my grandma when I pick out a piece of fruit from my fridge. It is so expensive now that you almost need to keep it under lock and key!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home