Thursday, December 3, 2009

Eating with the Cats!





























How would you like to eat your meal looking at this cat litter box? That is what I had to do once when we were visiting in California with some friends. They invited us to go with them to visit their son there.



Our friend's son was stationed in California while in the Air Force. He was living with his girl friend near his base. The girlfriend invited us to come to their house for a dinner one of the nights we were there.



We had never met her before nor had our friends met her but we accepted the invitation for the dinner.



It was obvious that she was no housekeeper but I didn't expect it to be as bad as it was! When we entered the kitchen for the meal she had a buffet set up along one wall. Then we were to fill our plate and sit wherever we wanted sincc they had a very small table. I couldn't believe my eyes when right under the table with the food set up there was a cat litter box--looking exactly like the one in the picture above, I kid you not.


I hurriedly filled my plate and went out of sight of the litter box to eat. I will have to say that she had a delicious meal and I could have really enjoyed it under better circumstances.


Our friends were horrified, I am sure, that their son was involved with a girl like that. Actually he married the girl not long after that but it was short lived. He was not raised in that kind of situation and maybe he was finally sickened of it and left her.


We never went to the house again after that. Our friends apologized about the whole thing. Of course we didn't blame them, it was their son's friend , not theirs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home