Monday, March 1, 2010

A Birthday Cake with a problem



























Charms for a birthday cake


When I was just a small kid I was invited to a birthday party. The mother of the birthday girl was my Sunday school teacher. Her name was Mrs Eubanks. The girl's name was Betty Jo. I remember that I loved Mrs Eubanks. But she was not too smart!




She baked the birthday cake which was fine, but she baked it with tons of little charms inside the cake! It was fun at the time to dig into the cake and find all kinds of little charms inside it. The charms were made of metal--whatever kind of metal they made charms from--and they were not wrapped or anything. They were just inside every nook and cranny of the cake.


I don't remember any special instructions for not biting into a charm, or of actually swallowing one of them. However, I am sure Mrs. Eubanks must have warned us to watch out for them when we ate our cake.



At the time I was unaware of the danger of eating such a piece of cake and as far as I can remember no one did encounter any harm from it. But nowadays serving a cake like that would be totally unacceptable.



However dangerous it was, it was a lot of fun. I don't remember what I got out of my piece of cake but I am sure I liked it!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home