Monday, February 22, 2010

I Still Love Her!



Mary Ruth & Me --1932




Back in 1932 when Mary Ruth was about six months old, or maybe a little less--Mama took us to a studio to get our picture made; hence the above picture.



Along that time my mother had been noticing some little blue spots on Mary Ruth's neck and cheeks. She was puzzled as to what made the marks. She could not imagine what was causing them.



So one day she happened to be near when I was cuddling and nuzzling Mary Ruth. Suddenly, she heard Mary Ruth cry out as if something had hurt her. She investigated and found that I had put a hickey on Mary Ruth's neck. So that was the end of her puzzlement. She now knew that I had been doing that for some time. Of course I got a lecture!



I really loved Mary Ruth and the hickeys were the proof of that! I still love her now but I don't put hickeys on her any more!

1 Comments:

At February 22, 2010 at 2:17 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a hoot!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home