Saturday, March 13, 2010

MY PAST IS SLIPPING AWAY!

Our favorite car dealer


Our old home place











My church when I was a kid








































Paris High School


It seems that my past is slowly slipping away from me. Not only that but a lot of my friends, relatives and acquaintances are dying. I guess that is the price you pay for living to a ripe old age!

My old high school, Paris High, has been dismantled and and is no longer at the same old place where I spent many days when I was going to school.

The church where I went when I was a kid was torn down many years ago. I certainly hope they salvaged the beautiful stained glass windows that were in it. I can still see them in my mind as if it were yesterday!

The hospital where both of my children were born was demolished a few years ago and the space is now a barren lot on the street where the hospital used to be.
Just last night on TV they announced that Dimension Ford--which was formerly Allen County Motors-- where we bought all of our cars over the years-- has been demolished and they are trying to figure out what to put there. I have made many trips there to have our cars serviced so I feel like I have no place to do that now! I could handle the name change but not the complete obliteration. Actually, Tony, my son-in-law, services my car now but I still would like for Allen County Motors to be right there in its old location if I want it!

It is as if I am just being left here to mourn the disappearance of all of these familiar places. I know most of it has been an upgrade to a better place or location but some of it is gone forever.


For instance, my old home place on North Main Street where I spent many years living and loving it has been gutted and torn down as have several other houses where we used to live. They have not been relocated to any other spot and are gone forever! I would like to be able to drive by to look and reminisce when ever I want.

If you know me you know I don't like change. I like a routine and a steadiness about things. All of these changes have certainly messed up my routine and steadiness.


Help! What can I do to stop it? I guess the answer is, die! At least it would be stopped for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home