Thursday, March 4, 2010

Pineapple

























Some of my favorite ways to make pineapple are pictured above.

My mother used to make fried pineapple slices. She would roll the slices in flour and then fry them in butter to a light golden brown. Our whole family liked that.


My dad liked pineapple pie, not the cream pie but just the fruit in a double pie crust. We all liked Pineapple upside down cake.



I had never heard of pizza with pineapple on it but my grandchildren in Idaho love pizza with pineapple and Canadian bacon. I have to admit, it is good.



Of course, I also like pineapple juice and just eating plain pineapple chunks.



It is good that pineapple is good for you but not when you add too much sugar, butter or all the other good stuff that it takes to make all of the above items!



I like to keep a can of rings, chunks and crushed pineapple on hand for when I get an urge for something sweet. The only thing better than pineapple rings is diamond rings!

1 Comments:

At March 4, 2010 at 9:38 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

The best pineapple I've ever had is a Maui Gold. Sadly, this is the last harvest...it won't be available anymore. nh

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home