Friday, October 29, 2010

TV COMMERCIALS


I hate them! Most of them make no sense at all. And I hate the fact that I pay good money to get TV and probably 1/3 of it is commercial time.

I have no choice--I either have to watch the commercials or not watch TV. Muting them out is too much of a hassle so I just put up with it.


However, once in a while someone does come up with a good one! I love the Subaru commercial with the dad coaching his daughter on the safety rules of driving. He is standing at the car window telling her to make sure the seat is right, make sure the seat belts are fastened, the mirrors are adjusted and other things. He tells her to not go on the freeways yet and not to talk on her phone while she is driving.


Then he hands her the keys through the window and we see her. She is a teen age girl about to take her first drive, not the little six year old that we have seen so far and the way he sees her.


I think it is so like a dad to think that way about his little girl. Subaru earns a medal for this commercial.


The two girls in the commercial are real life sisters and the dad is their real life dad.

Hooray for you, Subaru!

1 Comments:

At October 29, 2010 at 5:41 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the commercial where the guy is prancing around at work in his designer jeans until one of his co-workers says, "What are you wearing?" The guy says, "It's jeans day!" His co-worker replies, "No, it's not. It's Jean's last day - she's retiring."

I also like the Geico commercial where Mary Todd Lincoln asks Honest Abe is her dress makes her backside look big.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home