Friday, February 11, 2011

Bees




Actually, there was another downside to going barefoot in the summer. Many times my kids stepped on bees when they were outside playing in the grass.

I never remember stepping on bees but I know they did. Maybe it was because we used to have a lot of clover in our grass. Bees like clover.
I would be inside when my kids were outside playing and I would hear a yell--then I knew someone had stepped on a bee. I guess you couldn't blame the bee, someone had invaded its territory!
I have often heard that if a bee stings someone it dies. I don't know if this is true but it does seem possible. It--their life--is what they pay for their moment of power over you!


So with all of the downsides to going barefoot I still would do it in a minute if I was a kid!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home