Monday, March 31, 2008

The Constants in My Life

Everyone has a few constants in his, or her, life. Maybe it is just getting up every morning and getting dressed; going to your job every day; having a nice dinner each night; watching your favorite TV show or anything that you do each and every day with a satisfied and secure feeling.

Some of my constants are; The 6:00 o'clock news,Wheel of Fortune, Jeopardy, and the Saturday night Lawrence Welk show. At the end of the day, no matter what else has happened during the earlier part of the day, I feel completely contented to just sit down, relax and watch the 6:00 o'clock local and world news. However bad the news is there's still a calm over me from just being able to do what I do every day. Following the news is Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy. That is my two hours of rest and relaxing for the day. I have been doing that for many years and the only thing that interrupts it is something that is beyond my control.

The Lawrence Welk show has been on every Saturday night at 7:00 PM for over 50 years. I have missed very few of his programs. A lot of young people, my daughters included, consider the show square. Though Lawrence Welk has been dead quite a few years, with reruns, and shows made from clips of his old shows, his show continues to this day. That says a lot for his popularity. Maybe the young people don't care for him but Somebody does for him to be on that many years.

Just recently for two weeks in a row his show was not on and I thought maybe this is it. But then the next week there he was again on at the regular time. My old standby! The least the TV network could do is apologize for messing with my Constants!

1 Comments:

At April 3, 2008 at 5:06 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

My constant is my morning newspaper and cup of coffee. Nothing seems to go right the rest of the day if I don't start if off with those!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home