Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Fig Bars

When I was a little kid my favorite kind of cookie was fig bars, also called fig newtons. My mother would go to buy groceries and most of the time she would come home with a bag of fig bars. Back then they came in bulk and you paid for them by the pound, or maybe by the dozen-- I don't remember. She usually bought them at a small store she passed as she walked home since she thought their fig bars were better than the grocery store's. I would rush to look at her purchases when she returned with the groceries. There would be my precious bag of fig bars somewhere among the sacks.


Today, I still buy fig bars occasionally but somehow they never taste as good as I remember them tasting back in those days. I am not sure if they really are not as good or if over the years my tastes have changed. One thing I am sure of is that they now probably cost about 4 or 5 or maybe even more times as much as they did back then!

1 Comments:

At April 10, 2008 at 7:57 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Think I'll go get me a package of Fig Newtons!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home