Wednesday, April 2, 2008

We Didn't Even Get Charged Extra!

Once I visited my Grandmother for a couple of days. She and my uncle lived near Cooper, Texas where he operated a gas station. They lived in the rear of the station and every day my grandmother would make lunch for my uncle and us.



This particular day she made lunch and my uncle came in to eat between customers. I don't remember the menu for that day but I do remember we had green beans.



As we sat down to eat and the green beans were passed around I looked in astonishment at my plate. There in the middle of my green beans was a huge green WORM! It was about the same size as the green beans and of course was the same color. I pointed to it and my uncle looked at it and said, "Golly Bum!" My grandmother was flabbergasted and grabbed the plate and tossed the contents into the garbage. I don't remember what the brand of the green beans was but I do remember that I didn't eat green beans for some time after that!

1 Comments:

At April 2, 2008 at 2:29 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is about the only thing that I have ever known that you didn't like to eat!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home