Monday, May 19, 2008

I'm Looking Over a Four Leaf Clover

Do you remember this old song? It was written in 1927--lyrics by Mort Dixon, music by Harry Woods. It was popularized by Art Mooney in 1948.







I have looked over many, many four leaf clovers back in my younger days. On many hot summer days my friends and I would find a grassy lawn with a shade tree and plop ourselves down on a spot that had a lot of clover. We searched for four leaf clovers and we found a lot of them. I don't know why we did it, except that maybe we thought it would bring us some good luck-- which is what four leaf clovers are supposed to do. I never saw any results of that saying working. But we did spend a lot of time doing it anyway.







I would place my clovers in a book between the pages and let them dry. Sometimes we found clovers with five leaves. We hoped they would bring double good luck. I really don't know whatever happened to my collection over the years. But I do remember having a ball looking for them with my friends. Maybe my long and healthy life is the good luck they brought me!







I see a little bit of clover in my lawn sometimes and I don't really look for any four leafed ones but it does takes me back to those good old days so long ago.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home