Monday, May 12, 2008

Elvis Presley

I have always been a fan of Elvis. Not the kind of fan that had to go to all of his concerts, but the kind that really enjoyed his singing.


Years ago there was a used record store in Paris, Texas, that I went to every chance I got. They sold used records for, I think, about 15 cents. I bought many records there. I had several of Elvis' records. I listened to them for many years.




Not too long ago I started selling items on e Bay and I ran across the Elvis record "Heartbreak Hotel." I decided to try selling it on e Bay. I ended up getting $50.00 for it. I also had one Elvis record that was a misprinted one. The center label was way off center, but the record still played correctly. I got $30.00 for it from someone in Denmark. They knew it was misprinted because I listed it in my description of the record. They collected misprinted records. Not a bad return for my paying price of 15 cents!


I now have the songs which were on those records on CDs so I still can listen to them ( and I do a lot!).


The used record store in Paris is no longer there (at least I don't think it is) but if it were I would probably go there again every chance I could. I love a bargain! The records they sold were 45 RPMs but I still have my 45 speed player and I use it a lot too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home