Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Window Decorating Contest

We never declared it a contest but it actually was. The neighbor who lived right across the street from us always decorated her windows with symbols of whatever holiday was approaching. Sometimes with bought decorations, sometimes with things her children made in school. I always did the same. Soon it became apparent that she would try to beat me with getting her decorations up before I did. So the next holiday I would try to get mine up first. Our neighborhood was getting its decorations up earlier and earlier every year. And they were getting more elaborate as time went by.



This went on for quite a few years until we moved away from that neighborhood. By that time my kids were not at home anymore so I dropped my decorating habit. I am sure she did also. However, our little corner of the world was quite colorful and beautiful for a period of a few years. Now, I am lucky to get my windows washed before a holiday much less do any fancy decorating on them!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home