Thursday, June 19, 2008

The Ants came free!

One day many years ago my Dad was going to my sister's place to eat lunch on his noon break from work . My Mom was going somewhere and was not going to be able to make him lunch.


So Daddy was supposed to be there about noon. Somehow my sister got involved in some kind of a job which made her late starting lunch. She was making cornbread and beans, some kind of meat and a salad. Hurriedly, she got out the items to make the cornbread and started to make it. Unfortunately, the corn meal had some ants in it. She tried picking them out but it was obvious that there were too many for her to get them all. So, realizing she only had a few minutes to get the bread cooked, she just dumped the corn meal in and mixed it up--ants and all.


She said people eat chocolate covered ants all the time so she didn't figure the ants would kill anyone. My Dad never knew the difference. She said the corn bread tasted as good as it ever did when she made it. I am sure the ants added some protein to the meal!

3 Comments:

At June 19, 2008 at 7:53 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What I want to know is whether or not she ate any of the cornbread.

 
At June 19, 2008 at 8:40 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes I did! I was hungry!

 
At June 20, 2008 at 7:48 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Was it crunchy?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home