Tuesday, June 17, 2008

My Dad's big find

My Dad once hit it very lucky one morning when he started out to walk to work. Just out in the street in front of our house he was walking along and he saw a dollar bill lying in the street. He quickly picked it up and then looking ahead he saw some more bills lying there. The money was strung along for several feet along the curb.



In total he found about $25--which was quite a lot of money back in those days. Of course there was no way he could find the owner because the money was just loose and not in a wallet or anything with identification. He later suspected that someone drunk had been walking along there and lost the money in his drunken confusion.



My Dad was delighted with his find. I think that is about the only really good luck he had during his lifetime. He was a hard worker and enjoyed making money but he had to work pretty hard for all of his money.

1 Comments:

At June 17, 2008 at 1:57 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

One day Joel D. and I were riding our bikes. He was in front of me. I saw his bike run over something I thought looked like money, so I stopped and looked. Sure enough, it was a five dollar bill -- with the imprint of his bike tire on it! Five dollars back then would be like me finding a hundred dollar bill now. He was really mad he missed it! There's just nothing like finding money.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home