Saturday, June 14, 2008

Riding the Greyhound Bus

Every summer since the year 2000, when my husband died, I have ridden the bus to Texas. My sister lives in Sulphur Springs, Texas. The Greyhound bus goes right through Sulphur Springs and my sister can pick me up right there. If I flew to Texas someone would have to drive to Dallas , about 80 miles, to pick me up.

So I decided that the bus was the way to go. I do have to ride the bus for about 25 hours with two bus changes but flying would not be any better because After a flight from Fort Wayne to Dallas then I would have to ride in a car the 80 miles to get to my sister's house. I can't say I enjoy riding the bus for 25 hours but it is easier for everyone else if I do.

I do enjoy the scenery on the bus route. It is as close to a car ride as I can get. We always used to drive to Texas when my husband was still here. It is also so economical to go by bus. It only costs me about $125 for a round trip ticket. Flying would cost three times that. Probably more now since prices have risen.

I am planning on a trip there again this summer or maybe in the fall. I have not checked prices yet but I am hoping that they have not gone too far up.

Out of my 6 or 7 trips there I have never had any luggage lost until last summer. My bag did not get there when I did. However, in two days my bag did get there all intact. So I am hoping that will not happen again this summer.

I am leaving the driving to Greyhound!












1 Comments:

At June 14, 2008 at 2:46 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I HAVE IT IN WRITING THAT YOU ARE COMING!!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home