Friday, June 20, 2008

Me and Tiger!

I had my right knee replaced a few years ago. I had had arthroscopic surgery a couple of years before on it in an attempt to lessen the pain but the surgery never worked at all. I think the proof of that is that Tiger also had the arthroscopic surgery and, obviously, it didn't work for him either.





So I had my knee totally replaced. I recovered nicely in a short time. In fact I rode the bus to Texas about three months after the surgery and did fine. The only problem I had was that I never got back all of the flexibility in my knee joint. I can not bend my knee enough to squat. It has been about 7 years and I still don't have that flexibility back. I never have any pain in the joint and I can walk fine but I just can't squat! Not that I want to but I would like to be able to if I did want to! Like Tiger Woods, I will not be able to play golf the rest of the season either! (I have never played golf in my life!)





My left knee probably should be replaced also but I think I can put up with it the way it is rather than lose all flexibility in it. So, unless I start having too much pain with it, I will not have another replacement. Your bones and joints wear out in time! It is one of the prices you pay for getting OLD (ME--get old?).

1 Comments:

At June 20, 2008 at 1:31 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't had knee problems, but my shoulder has been frozen. It's very frustrating to not be able to raise your arm high enough to shave your armpit!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home