Saturday, June 7, 2008

Lava Lamps

Remember the old lava Lamps? I never had one when they were in style. A few years ago, we had some friends that we played cards with on a regular basis. She had lava lamps which were old ones. She put them on a table in the room where we played cards. I became fascinated with watching them. I would become mesmerized with the bubbles moving up, around and down in the liquid in them. I decided that I had to have some lava Lamps.



So I began my search for them. I found some that were not too expensive--new ones, not old. I bought two of them, one red and one blue, and put them on a shelf in my living room. I was thrilled with them for a while and really spent a lot of time looking at the big bubbles going up and down in the liquid. I must have spent too much time doing that because it wasn't long before the bubbles didn't get as big and didn't go up and down as well as they did at first. Then I read on the bottom of the lamp where it said you should not have them on for too long at one time. I think I had exceeded the limit too many times. My lamps were not working as well as they should have.



Finally, I lost interest in them because they were not as fascinating as they used to be. Before long they just sat on the shelf and took up space and in the end I removed them to a less obvious place.



I was getting new carpet and picked one of the lamps up to move it and I dropped it on the carpet. The glass broke into hundreds of shards and all of the liquid spilled out onto the carpet. It's lucky I was getting new because I could have never gotten all of the glass shards up. I let the carpet dry and I did get most of the glass out. However, It was just a short time before the carpet was removed and the last traces of the glass and the color from the lava liquid was gone.



So, now my lava lamps are just a memory--a pleasant one, but one I can keep in my head with all of the other brainstorms I have had in the past.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home