Sunday, August 31, 2008

Barrett's Skating Rink--Paris, Texas




This is a picture of Barrett's Skating Rink in Paris, Texas. It is my old stomping grounds!



I met Ford, my husband, there and we spent many hours, not to mention many miles of skating on the smooth floors of that rink.



The skating rink was only about a half mile from my house and Ford would come to my house and then we would walk to the rink.


In the picture are My cousin Earline, my Sister Mary Ruth and my cousin Dorothy.


I spent much of my time at this very building and loved every minute of it. I think the rink is still there but I am not sure if it is being used as a skating rink. If I were not 81 and able to do it I would sure love to skate a few rounds on the floor of that place!

2 Comments:

At August 31, 2008 at 9:32 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That building was torn down about 25 years ago, and a new rink was built, but it is out of business now. I skated in that old building, too. Toward the back of the rink, I guess the building had settled, and there was a big dip in the floor. It was more fun skating through that dip!

 
At March 13, 2014 at 11:36 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was a skate key boy at the rink around 1947-1949.
Sure brings back memories.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home