Friday, September 5, 2008

Las Vegas

Joanie Fisher (left) and me at the Horse Shoe Club


If you have never visited Las Vegas, you should! My husband and I went there many times. His sister lived there and we could stay at her place much of the time.


We have been there with friends, as Joanie Fisher, in the picture with me, and her husband, Tom , and just the two of us, my husband and I, have been there many times.


The weather is perfect most of the time. You never need a coat. The meals are a fantastic deal, or used to be. I have not been there for 12 or 13 years so I am sure prices have skyrocketed since then. We used to eat dinner for about $2.99 to $4.99 at the best places. Not the most expensive but where the best food was. The buffets were a real bargain.


You had to stand in line for the 79 cent breakfast at the Golden Gate. The only problem with that was it was only served until 9:am and that was too early for us. We did manage it a few times. It was a big breakfast with two eggs, hash browns, bacon or ham and toast. But even so there were other good bargains for breakfast all around town.


There is much to do there besides gamble. We went to the Liberace museum and on a drive through the Valley of Fire. Hoover Dam is within 25 miles of Las Vegas and Grand Canyon is within a day's drive from Las Vegas. So many shops are there that you could never visit them all.


We always went to the Golden Gate for our midnight snack. It was as busy then as it was at a lunchtime. Sometimes we went to the Mint. They had a delicious cheesecake with cherry topping that was out of this world. I have never found anything like it anywhere else in the world ( Actually, I have never been over the whole world!).


I probably will never go to Las Vegas again in my life but I do still have all the memories from when I was there. And I savor them all the time!

4 Comments:

At September 5, 2008 at 3:36 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a friend who was just in Las Vegas recently, tell me that the big buffet breakfast at some of the places they ate were about $25.00. I am sure he knows since he was just there. No more Vegas for us!

 
At September 6, 2008 at 8:01 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

The main reason I would like to go to Vegas is to see one of the illusionist shows -- the tricks those guys do fascinate me.

 
At September 6, 2008 at 8:02 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like how yesterday your post was on Reno, and today it was on Las Vegas!

 
At September 6, 2008 at 12:28 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was totally unplanned! It is strange that it happened that way.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home