Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Wet Feet!




My oldest daughter was about 6 or 7 when this happened. She had worn goulashes over her shoes to school since it was a rainy day.



When she came home after school that day she had taken her shoes off along with the goulashes and left them in the utility room as she always did. She had left the shoes inside the goulashes. I did not notice that or I would have done what she should have--taken the shoes out of the goulashes for the night.


Unfortunately. her goulashes had small holes which had allowed her shoes to get wet inside them. So with the shoes being inside the goulashes they did not have a chance to dry out overnight.


The next morning when she got her shoes out to put on for the day, they were soggy wet! I yelled at her for not telling me that her shoes were wet when she got home from school the day before. So we had to dig out some old shoes for her to wear to school that day. She was unhappy about that but I reminded her that it was all her fault for not telling me that her shoes were wet when she took them off.




After that she remembered to take the shoes out of the goulashes when she took them off (she locked the barn door after the horse was stolen!). And--we went shopping for new goulashes!

1 Comments:

At September 4, 2008 at 8:10 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always wanted a pair of bright yellow galoshes, but I never got them -- we just suffered with wet shoes!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home