Thursday, October 23, 2008

A Baby in the Bottom of Every Bottle!



Lydia Pinkham's Compound is a tonic supposedly good for females. It was formulated in 1875 by a woman named Lydia Pinkham. It was touted as a good thing for women and was also said to have a baby in the bottom of every bottle. I don't know if that is true or not but I did find a baby in the bottom of the third bottle I took of it.

We had been married for nine years and had been trying to have a baby for most of that time. I had given up on becoming pregnant but decided as a last resort to trying the Lydia Pinkham compound. I had heard that they claimed a baby was in the bottom of every bottle.

I bought my first bottle and began taking it. No baby yet! Then I tried a second bottle. Still no baby. Then, I reluctantly bought a third bottle. I had decided that would be it. If I didn't get pregnant after that I would consider Lydia Pinkham a failure.


About half way through the third bottle I became pregnant! I couldn't believe it. But it was true. I was actually going to have a baby!


It was also said that people who take Lydia Pinkham's compound usually have girls. I did have a girl so another one of their claims proved to be true.

I cannot vouch that Lydia Pinkham caused my pregnancy but it does seem that after nine years of trying to get pregnant without success and then after three bottles of Lydia Pinkham's suddenly becoming pregnant that there was some validity to the claim that a baby was in the bottom of, maybe not every bottle, but after three bottles, might be true.

Certainly Lydia Pinkham is not going to harm you and probably would be good for you that it is a worthwhile thing to try!

Lydia Pinkham's compound is probably not available in the drug stores now but if you get on line you can find sources for it, Google is one source for sure. If I were a young woman who wanted a baby and couldn't get pregnant I would certainly give it a try!

4 Comments:

At October 23, 2008 at 1:19 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Another story that I do not remember ever hearing!

 
At October 23, 2008 at 6:30 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love it! Maybe you should have named the baby Lydia!

 
At January 27, 2010 at 4:51 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi, did you take LP all through the month or stop at ovulation? thank you.

 
At August 10, 2012 at 11:20 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yo lo estoy tomando, espero ke me sirva de mucho ojalame pueda embarazar..

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home