Monday, October 13, 2008

The Glove Situation

These gloves were similar to the ones I bought Ford



I bought Ford, my husband, a nice new pair of gloves for Christmas right after he came back from WWII. They were expensive for that time. I think about $7.50, which is cheap for now but then it was considered expensive. I was so proud of those gloves. They were deerskin and a kind of a yellowish, tan color.




We went somewhere in our Model A Ford one Sunday afternoon. It was extremely cold that day. As luck would have it we had some car trouble along the way and got stuck on the highway. Luckily, Ford knew a little about working on cars and he found what the problem was pretty quick.


However, it was a kind of a messy job and he was working in his new gloves. I had a conniption about that! He said he was not going to let his hands freeze so he kept the gloves on.


I was really irritated about his new gloves getting messed up with with car grease and grime. That didn't deter him one bit. He kept right on wearing the gloves and when he was through they were totally ruined. We actually had to trash them when we got home.


He did get the car fixed and we could continue on our way. I was sick about his new gloves, but he was satisfied that his hands were protected somewhat from the cold.


I really don't know what else he could have done to keep his hands warm. I just saw that $7.50 floating out into nowhere.

1 Comments:

At October 14, 2008 at 7:58 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

The gloves did what you bought them to do, though -- they kept his hands warm!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home