Monday, October 20, 2008

A Fancy Supper!


Back when I was first married and we were in our first home, as Ford, my husband left for work in the morning I would ask him what he wanted for supper that night. He would usually give me an idea for something that he liked and I would make that for our supper.


One day when he was leaving for work I asked the usual question. He thought for a minute and then he said, "I want steak, baked potato, salad and apple pie." I was shocked because that was a meal only for special occasions. Then he laughed and said,"Just kidding."


However, I thought I would get the best of him! I worked especially hard that day. I had to go to the grocery store and I got all of the ingredients for that special dinner, I made the apple pie and baked potatoes and salad. Then about 45 minutes before he was due home I put steaks on the grill.


When he walked in the door and came into the kitchen I had put out our best china, our good silverware and had a tablecloth on the table with candles lit. He was really shocked to see his specially ordered dinner just about ready for us to sit down and eat.


He tried that several times later on but guess what? It never worked again after that!

1 Comments:

At October 20, 2008 at 6:32 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

How romantic -- if I have candles, G. says, "Turn on the lights -- it's dark in here!"

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home