Friday, October 17, 2008

Bologna and Crackers



















In my days at grade school I always had to take a lunch. It was a problem coming up with something different every day. I took things from home most of the time but occasionally we would not have anything on hand to make a lunch. So at those times my Mother would give me a dime and say get some bologna and crackers.


There was a small grocery store a couple of blocks away from the school and I, and maybe some friends, would walk to there at lunch time. We could get a nice slice of bologna and a hand full of crackers for a dime. It would make all I needed for my lunch and I loved it!


Now you could not get a thimble full of bologna for a dime! Oh how I long for the return of those good old prices ! I am afraid we will never see those prices again in our lifetime.


However, I am not as fond of bologna now as I was then so I might want to get a different kind of meat for my lunch--and a dime might not cover it!

1 Comments:

At October 17, 2008 at 6:27 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I still like bologna! We have bologna sandwiches for lunch quite a bit. I like my bologna fried, with a big old tomato, and a bunch of Miracle Whip!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home