Sunday, October 19, 2008

Hominy and Grits

I love them both! Most people hate them. I had a neighbor tell me that she didn't see how I could stand either one of them.



Actually, Grits are just hominy that is ground up into small pieces. I like Grits with butter, sugar and milk, sort of as a hot cereal. I also like Grits with salt and butter as a side vegetable. I like hominy fried in bacon grease--bad, but good! I have never eaten yellow hominy, I always buy the white. When I was just a kid my Mother always just opened a can of hominy and heated it in its own liquid. After I came to Indiana my mother-in-law drained and fried her hominy. I like it better fried.


I do think that hominy and grits both are more of a southern thing. So since I am southern maybe that is why I like them!






1 Comments:

At October 20, 2008 at 7:43 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

There are very few things I don't like, but hominy is one of them. I do buy instant grits every now and then -- you can sprinkle them on fire ant mounds and the ants will leave. Guess they don't like them, either!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home