Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Electrifying!



Once we had a clock that was not working properly, so Ford, my husband, was going to see if he could fix it. I almost fixed him!


We had unplugged the clock and he was tinkering with it to see if he could tell what was wrong. I was just watching him and standing by to help in any way I could. After a few minutes he had it mostly torn apart and was just fiddling with around with it.


I was still just watching and unconsciously I saw the unplugged wire and without thinking I suddenly plugged it in. Oops! Wrong thing to do. Ford got a jolt from it and he was furious! He said, "What are you doing?" I realized then what I had done and I felt like a fool. I apologized but that didn't help much.


Anyway, I guess I am a neat freak and I couldn't stand to see that unplugged wire just lying there like that, so, I plugged it in.


Fortunately, there was not enough power in the line to do any real damage but enough to shake him up. Believe me, I kept away from that plug after that.


I can't remember if we got the clock to work or not but Ford was rather cool to me the rest of the day! I guess he thought I was trying to get rid of him!

2 Comments:

At October 8, 2008 at 6:34 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad you're back! The little cartoon you used reminded me of momma the time our canister vacuum blew up....she looked just like the fellow in the cartoon! nh

 
At October 9, 2008 at 8:05 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had forgotten about the vacuum blowing up! But I do remember when Daddy was installing the water line for the icemaker on Grandma's refrigerator. He was drilling into the water pipe, and he told Mama there might be a little water in the line, so she was to pull the plug if she saw him start jerking. He drilled a little bit then started jerking. Mama screamed and ran -- without pulling the plug!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home