Friday, October 31, 2008

October 31, 1927

Ollie and Elbert Caffee 1927


My Mother and Dad were married on Halloween night, October 31, 1925. The picture above was not made at that time but about a year later. They didn't have a wedding picture

I don't know why they picked Halloween night to get married but I am glad they got married! I would not be here if they hadn't.

A preacher named Ollie Apple married them. I thought it was odd that a man named Ollie married them when her name was Ollie also.

They were married a total of 55 years when my Dad died on October 28, 1980, my sister's birthday--not a very good birthday present! It was a marriage made in Heaven!

I cannot say one bad thing about my Dad. He was a quiet and unassuming man and I loved him dearly. I hope to see him again in the future when I meet my maker!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home