Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Homesick



I usually went to spend a few days with my cousins or an aunt and uncle during my summer vacation. I loved visiting them because they lived in the country. I liked the country to visit but I never wanted to live there.


For some reason-- I have never figured out why-- but every time I went there I always got sick to my stomach and threw up a couple of times. I didn't really feel like I was homesick but since thinking back about it that is the only logical reason I can think of for it,


It wasn't that I longed for home or missed my family but There must have been some deep feelings that made me feel sick when I was away. The country is kind of a lonely place. I was used to the hustle and bustle of the city life, however small it was, and that might have been why I was feeling lost and homesick.


However, I never let it spoil my visit. I would go throw up and then my cousins and I would go right back to playing whatever we were into before I got sick.


It is possible that the change of water and eating habits could have affected my stomach causing the nausea.


Whatever, I still remember with pleasure my visits with my relatives and the nausea was just a small setback!

1 Comments:

At December 4, 2008 at 7:45 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I was in high school, I came home for lunch every day and threw up. I know now that it was because of the heart problem I had, but then, I really didn't know why I got sick every day.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home