Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Happy Birthday to me!





65 years ago



12 Years ago





Today is my 82nd birthday. It is also the 8th anniversary of my beloved husband's death!

What a horrible birthday gift! He died about 2:00 PM. Carla and I were there. We expected him to die but not so soon. The doctors had said he could live as much as two weeks after they took him off all medication. But he only lived about two days


I feel good for 82 years of living. I am a little stiff and sore sometimes and not quite as nimble as I once was but otherwise I feel as good as I did 50 years ago. I have been blessed with good health. As far as I can tell, my mental facilities are still as good as ever. Maybe I forget a little bit more but you can't put much over on me! (Maybe I am just too senile to notice it!)


So I am making it even without my better half. I miss him greatly but I am looking forward to being joined with him again when I leave this earth. Here's hoping I will reach 83 this time next year!

2 Comments:

At December 18, 2008 at 7:44 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Grandma had that picture of you and Ford sitting on her dresser for as long as I could remember. I'm glad you posted it! Hope you enjoy more birthdays than Grandma did!

 
At December 22, 2008 at 12:41 PM , Blogger scouseboy said...

you poor lady, losing your husband on your birthday. I think it is great that you, as a pensioner, has embraced the new technology of the internet ,and blog.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home